Ronald McDonald House Charities® Oklahoma City provides a comfortable place to stay for families of seriously ill or injured children who are receiving inpatient or outpatient treatment from any one of Oklahoma City’s pediatric medical facilities.
- The child/patient must be 21 years or younger.
- Families are referred by the hospital, nurse, doctor or social worker for a maximum of 30 days while their child is receiving treatment. The referral may be renewed based on the child’s active treatment and room availability.
RMHC-OKC relies on donors and the community for support of daily operations. Donations are accepted from our guests if they so desire. No family is ever turned away due to the lack of finances. Families are asked to provide a $20 room security deposit at time of check-in which is refundable upon check-out.
Each family is assigned to a private guest room with a bathroom. All families share a large community kitchen and dining area. The kitchen is stocked with basic kitchen items, including: pots, pans, dishes, utensils, glassware, and some basic food items. To underscore its "home-away-from-home" environment, the House provides meals through our Guest Chef Program. Volunteer groups prepare dinner in the spacious kitchen in the House nightly at 6 p.m. for families. The House also offers a pantry with donated non-perishable items and a community refrigerator stocked with milk, eggs, and other perishable items. Families are welcome to eat these foods at their convenience.
Living areas with TVs, video games and computers with internet access are also available for use. The House provides linens, towels, laundry detergent for the laundry facilities and cleaning supplies for your stay.
Things you need to know prior to your stay
- Once a referral is received and verified, the family is placed on a waiting list for their arrival date. Rooms are assigned based on the severity and stability of the child’s condition, and distance from home. Families will be notified the day of check-in by RMHC-OKC staff concerning room availability. Standard rooms have a maximum of 3 registered adult guests per room.
- Guests 18 years or older must present a photo ID at time of check-in.
- Guests under the age of 18 must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times. Rooms are provided for the purpose of keeping families close to their seriously ill or injured child during treatment. It is expected that families will spend the majority of their waking hours caring for and supporting their child.
- Families gain considerable support from other guest families experiencing similar hardships. In order for every guest family to have a positive experience, guest families who do not observe the rules will be asked to check-out.
For questions regarding staying with us, please contact Emily Howell, House Manager, at 405.271.3180 or email@example.com